Part Time | Cityvarsity Programme
Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The sound engineering course deals with the practical application of sound recording Protools operation. The course is intensive and geared towards industry standards.
Classes will be held in CityVarsity’s Pro Tools Lab with 21 Pro Tools workstations. Basic DAW principals taught are cross platform compatible with other popular DAW software. The course is aimed at students who have (or plan to have) their own studios, have their own bands or want to record and mix music and basic Post production skills.
The course consists of 4 modules:
- Basic principles of Sound Engineering (BSE)
- Multi-track Music Mixing (MMM)
- Band Recording Principles: (BRP)
- Post Production Sound: (PPS)
These modules can be done separately or as one complete course.
The BSE module of the course starts with the basics and is perfect for those who are just starting out.
Successful completion of the BSE basic course will a prerequisite for entering into the other courses.
The courses MMM, BRP and PPS will run concurrently over 4 weeks.
2019 Discounted Price: R 12,800
* EXCLUDES NON-REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE: R 1,000
Deposit: R 5,134
2 Months Instalmants: R 4,013
DURATION: 7 Weeks
APPLY FOR THIS COURSE TODAY!
- Introduction to sound (Basic Concepts)
- Introduction to Pro Tools – the industry standard
- Tools used for mixing
- Limiters, Compressors
- Gates, Expanders
- Reverb, Delays and other effects
- Microphone Techniques
- Hardware – Mixing Desk, Compressors, etc
- Gain and level setting
- Reverb, Delays and other effects (analog).
- Mixing Environment and Techniques.
- Advanced Mixing Techniques.
- Hands-on mixing
- Multi-channel recording: music productions
- Microphone placement for drums & other instruments.
- Basic recording techniques.
- Advanced recording techniques.
- Theater of the mind and radio ad introduction
- Sound for AD and Film
- Pre and post production requirements and sound design theory.
- Sound design practical demonstration. Creating your own sound effects.
- Mixing to picture.