Frequently asked questions
Q: How long are the courses?
1 Year Certificate
- Motion Picture Make-Up
- Journalism (Print and Digital Media)
- New Media Development
2 Year Diploma
- Professional Photography
- Motion Picture Production Design (Subject to successful completion of 1-year Certificate in Motion Picture Make-Up)
2 Year Diploma with an Optional 3rd Year Advanced Diploma
- Film & Television Production Techniques
- Multimedia Design and Production
- Sound Engineering
- Professional Acting for Camera
B.A. Degree vs. Diploma
As of 2012, CityVarsity Cape Town will offer B.A. Degrees not only in Film & Television, but also in Acting. Both of these fields of study can also be approached in a more practical manner via our Diploma and Advanced Diplomas option. If you’re a bit confused and would like to know the difference between Degrees and Diplomas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Stephen Schmidt or Chanel Engelbrecht in Cape Town at (021) 466 6800.
Have I qualified to do a degree?
- Have a South African National Senior Certificate with at least four of these subjects with a rating of 4 (50-59%) or more
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Studies
- Dramatic Arts
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Information Technology
- Languages (one being English)
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Sciences
- Religious Studies
- Visual Arts
- Have a South African Senior Certificate with a Matric Endorsement
Then the answer is YES!!!!!!!!!
Q: What are CityVarsity's admission requirements?
All our courses require a Matric (Grade 12) Certificate (or equivalent) and a written evaluation with your application. However, some departments (listed below) have some additional entry criteria.
Film & Television Production Techniques
- Successful interview
- A portfolio submission of your artwork
Multimedia Design and Production
- Art at high school level & a portfolio submission of your artwork
Q: Is CityVarsity accredited?
Yes. CityVarsity is registered with the Department of Education as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act 1997.
Registration certificate number: 2001/HE07/004.
Registration number: 1998/21806/07
Q: Do you offer any financial aid or bursaries?
Speak to one of our Student Consultants to work out a payment plan that suits you.
Q: How can I sign up for short courses?
It’s simple! All you have to do is fill in your details in the "Contact us here" section and we’ll get in touch with you!