Web Application Development
Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). *Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change.
On completion of this short course delegates will be able to develop web applications using the PHP / MySQL Development model.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND COURSE MODULES
- Individuals considering a career in Web Development (PHP / MySQL)
- Individuals who already work in the field, but feel they need to brush-up on their skills
- Individuals that have taught themselves how to design Websites and now need help to progress to the next level
- HTML5 / CSS 3
- Upon completion of this module, delegates will be able to structure web pages with HTML5 as well as style page content with CSS3.
- Knowledge and skills acquired during this module will form the foundation for learning PHP in module 4.
- Relational Database Design (SQL using MySQL)
- Structured Query Language (SQL) is the standard language used by web applications to communicate with databases.
- On completion of this module delegates will understand the Relational Database Design model as well as various SQL statements used to manipulate the structure of database tables and date stored therein.
- Delegates will gain practical skills in creating databases and tables, altering their physical structures, inserting, updating and deleting data, backing up a database as well as basic database server administration principles.
- Delegates will learn how to use the Open Source software programme, PHPMyAdmin(bundled with the WAMP / XAMP / LAMP Server) for creating and managing relational databases.
- PHP (Hypertext Pre-processor)
- PHP is a powerful server-side scripting language and is used by the majority of web developers throughout the world for developing dynamic web applications.
- During this module delegates will learn fundamentsl theoretical principles and practical skills to enable them to develop dynamic web applications using the PHP / MySQL development model.