Short Video Production
Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
*Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change.
This course is designed for those people who have an interest in producing short videos. For example, producing short music videos, corporate videos or advanced home videos. This is a hands-on, practical course.
- Course attendees should own or have the use of a video camera, preferably digital.
- Should know how to use the camera.
- Should be proficient in English, not necessarily as a first language.
The following course outcomes will be achieved
- How to produce and conceptualise the video
- How to write the video
- Shooting the video
- Editing the video
- An understanding of accepted compositional rules and when to break them.
- Knowing when and why to zoom.
- Apply basic story writing techniques, for home movies, corporate or any form of filmmaking.
- Apply principles of lighting, both four point and single source.
- Demonstrate simple directorial skills, to do with logical film technique.
- Understand and apply camera movement.
- Understand and apply lens selection, with emphasis on subject relationships.
- Completion of simple film making projects.
- Understand editing techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to use provided editing software
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the CityVarsity Certificate of Proficiency in Short Video Production.