Promotional Corporate Video
Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). *Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change.
Learn the secrets to making attention grabbing corporate and video marketing videos that you can do yourself!
GARETH H. GRAHAM has a ND in Film & Video Technology (Cum Laude) and has spent the better part of the last decade working as a cinematographer and editor/colourist in Cape Town. He has shot, edited and directed a plethora of short films, commercials, music videos, corporate videos and documentaries. His short films have been In Competition in a variety of film festivals, and his other interests include sound design, photography and design. PAUL LENSEN had a BED Hons in Education and National Diploma in Film and TV production has more than a decade of video producing and training experience. Asa creative director for a major weekly business and lifestyle programme for CNBC Europe he controlled quality and processes, and provided creative, editorial, production and post-production direction.
The course will consist of short intensive theory lectures supported by hands on practical exercises and assignments. The course is structured to follow the typical film/documentary process Key Concepts will be reinforced through targeted practical homework exercises.
- Conceptualising your corporate/promotional video
- Case study – unpacking what makes a corporate video effective.
- How to write a corporate video script – formatting
- Unpacking the production process. Pre- Production, Production and Post Production
- How to budget for a corporate video, where to save money.
- Dos and don’ts of recording video – How to shoot like a pro!
- Do’s and don’ts of recording good quality sound.
- The fundamentals of video editing using software that comes with your PC or Mac. How to include simple graphics, photos and titles.
- How to add music and sound effect for dramatic effect.
- Creating a DVD that works on most computers and DVD players.
- How to upload your corporate video to your website, you tube and face book.
This course is currently only offered at our Cape Town campus.