Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
*Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change.
This course is designed to develop the traditional and basic skills needed for entry into an art department in the film and television industry. Learn how to enhance the script through the visual elements, dealing with the architectural structure of the set, the practical lighting, locations, the choice of color and texture in the form of props and fabrics, as well as the practical management of the process. Students will learn how to enhance the script or concept visually, whether in a period, contemporary or futuristic setting.
- A passionate interest in visual design and video production
- Art is beneficial but not a prerequisite
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- People who have a keen interest in the visual video arts
- People who want to acquire the understanding and traditional skills in Production, Design and Art Direction, Visual thinkers
- Conceptual, Creative Design and Visual Aesthetics
- Lighting and Technology
- South Africa's Locations, Ethnic, Cultural and Unique Visual Aesthetics
- All Phases of Production Design and Work Flow
- Genre Script Breakdown, Concept Analysis
- Studio and Real Location Environments
- Realizing the Narrative and Directorial Vision
- Art Direction for Camera
- Design and Art Departments
- Budget, Scheduling and Management of Design and Art Departments
- Development of Production Design Visual Concept Reel
This course is designed to develop the traditional and basic skills needed for entry into an art department in the film, video and television industry.
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the CityVarsity Certificate of Proficiency in Production Design.