Photo Editing (Photoshop)
Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
*Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change.
The Photo Editing short course is for anyone who is interested in learning how to edit photographs. Students will not only learn how to correct flaws and common to digital photography but also how to enhance photographs, giving them more impact.
Note: The course concerns itself with editing photographs but many of the techniques learned can be applied to digital graphics as well. Classes will consist of lectures and exercises with provided sample images.
- Learning how to correct common photographic mistakes and problems and how to improve photographs that are already acceptable.
- Image corrections and more complex creative techniques.
While the course can be completed on CityVarsity computers, owning a computer capable of running Photoshop CS5 will allow the student to practice at home. A USB flash drive will enable students to receive sample files and other media.
- The Photoshop interface
- Uploading images from camera, USB flash DC/DVD or other media
- Opening + saving files correctly
- The Photoshop toolbox
- Adjusting exposure/tone
- Layers and history
- Color adjustments
- Tool options
- Image (re)sizing and resolution
- Preparing images for web or email
- Different file-types, their strengths and weaknesses
- Retouching and repairing basics
- Transforming and distorting
- Masking and partial adjustments
- Adjustment layers
- Blending modes
- Adobe Bridge
- Automating for large batches of files with Photoshop actions
- Photo merges
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the CityVarsity Certificate of Proficiency in Photo Editing.