Music Production (Cubase)
Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
*Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change
Our Music Production course is based on this cutting edge software, and it forms the basis for all the sound recording and music production principals of the course. While covering all the universal aspects of Digital Audio Workstations, such as recording and manipulation audio, and MIDI sequencing, this course is especially aimed at the Cubase user. Anyone, from the home-recording musician to the budding producer, would greatly benefit from this intensive training program.
Students must have a working knowledge of MS Windows.
- Principals of audio and midi manipulation – The DAW
- Cubase introduction and functionality
- MIDI Sequencing VST manipulation
- EQ, FX, Inserts and advance routing in Cubase
- Fundamentals of digital audio mixing techniques
- The channel mixer and basic automation
- Vocal recording and mixing principals
- Basic mastering techniques and standards
- Final mix projects
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the CityVarsity Certificate of Proficiency in Music Production: Cubase.