Short Programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning, but are not credit bearing and not registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
*Course start dates and tuition fees are subject to change.
This course is designed to develop the traditional and basic skills needed for film directing. Learn how to develop a treatment and format/structure a film script. Students will learn how to use the camera as a storytelling device to create engaging visual content.
YOU WILL NEED
USB/Memory Stick/Flash Drive
- A passionate interest in Directing Performance
- A passionate interest in Visual Storytelling and Video Production
WHO SHOULD ATTEND COURSE
- People who want to acquire the understanding and traditional skills in Directing
- People who have a keen interest in Scriptwriting and Performance
- People who have a keen interest in Storytelling
- Director’s role in all Phases of Production
- Visualizing the Narrative and the Camera as a storytelling device
- Screen and Camera Direction
- Visual Design Film Aesthetics
- Directing Actors and Performance
- Conceptualize a Director’s Treatment and Film Script
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the CityVarsity Certificate of Proficiency in Directing.