FREE TABLET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The promotional offer of the Tablet with regard to the registration of the student with CityVarsity is subject to the following:
- The student fully understands and accepts that the Tablet will remain the property of CityVarsity, and ownership of the Tablet will remain vested with CityVarsity for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of which the student registers and commences studies with CityVarsity.
- The Tablet promotion is available for all full-time [minimum of 1 (one) year duration] CityVarsity courses.
- The student in registering with CityVarsity under this promotion, agrees to use all endeavours to ensure that there is no abuse of the equipment and software, and undertakes to ensure that the Tablet and/or the airtime/data bundle is used responsibly, and will not result in any claim being made against the student and/or CityVarsity.
- The student/parent/guarantor hereby indemni es CityVarsity against any claims of whatsoever nature arising out of the use of the Tablet, accessories and/or airtime/ data supplied in terms of this promotion.
- Ownership of the Tablet shall vest with CityVarsity, and ownership of the Tablet will only pass to the student upon written con rmation by CityVarsity to that effect, and in addition only after completion of 1 (one) year of study with CityVarsity, by the student.
- In the event that the student does not complete 1 (one) year of study with CityVarsity, the student will upon, and including but not limited to the termination and/or the cancellation of the contract and/or expulsion and/ or suspension of the student, be liable to return the Tablet to CityVarsity in good working order/condition. Failure to hand over the Tablet or pay R2500 in such instances will result in a criminal charge of theft, alternatively unauthorised borrowing/use, being instituted as the student is fully aware that he/she does not own such Tablet.
- If CityVarsity is not satis ed with the condition of the Tablet and/or the software is infringed and/or corrupted and/or if the student fails to return the Tablet, including the accessories supplied therewith, then the student/ guarantor/parent undertake that they will be liable to pay to CityVarsity the sum of R2500, being the agreed cost of the Tablet, charger and accessories. Failure to hand over the Tablet or pay R2500 in such instances will result in a criminal charge of theft, alternatively unauthorised borrowing/use, being instituted.
- The student undertakes that he/she will not, during the 1 (one) year course/contract, alienate, cede, or in any other manner or form, attempt to relinquish or dispose of possession and/or ownership of the Tablet and/or tamper with the software of the Tablet. In addition, the student undertakes to ensure that the Tablet is insured for the duration of 1 (one) year and the interest of CityVarsity is noted thereon.
- Data of 200MB per month will be supplied to the student for a maximum period of 12 (twelve) months only. CityVarsity reserves the right during the period to limit the data usage that will accompany the promotional offer of the Tablet, and may suspend, cancel or withdraw such offer at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
- This promotional offer is valid to a student who registers for any full-time [minimum of 1 (one) year duration] CityVarsity course, and which is run in conjunction with this offer, and which promotion will only be applicable during the rst/second/third year of study by the student of the speci ed programme.This offer may not be extended or used in any subsequent year of study.
- A student is only entitled to 1 (one) Tablet and promotion during the indicated time period of this offer and for the duration of the course registered for.
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer, bursary, promotion or the like.
- The student undertakes to pay all costs involved on an attorney and client scale if in the event that CityVarsity has to institute legal action for the recovery of the Tablet and/or charger and/or accessories given to the student under this offer.
- The student con rms that he/she will be registered with CityVarsity for any courses offered in terms of this promotion, for a period of one year and pay the fees associated with such course registered for.
- The student undertakes to pay a software reloading fee of R100 per reloading if any software is corrupted and needs to be uploaded.
- ThisTabletoffer(subjecttotheTermsandConditionsabove)isonly applicable to students who complete and sign a valid enrolment contract for the 2017 year of study, and who pay the stipulated deposit (campus speci c) on or before 31 January 2017, and signs a valid compulsory debit order (First instalment due immediately, or on or before 28 February 2017) to pay the balance of their fees via one of the payment plans available.
- In order to qualify for the Tablet promotion, second and third year students must register and pay the required deposit and fees as per fee schedule.
- The reservation of ownership in and to the Tablet, and all conditions pertaining to such ownership vesting in CityVarsity, does not apply in the event of the student/account payer/guarantor/sponsor paying for the full course fee upfront. All other Terms and Conditions shall apply.